5.29.2009

Friday Quick Hits

I'm in a chipper mood this morning... maybe it's all the awesome stuff coming up?  I don't know.  But I was just browsing the news and since no one else is at work yet I needed to make a couple comments about some stories I came across and, GUESS WHAT!  You get to be my coffee chat partner. :)

  • How awesome must it be to be LeBron James?  Or really, how ridiculous?  I don't watch NBA basketball, but I saw him on some Dateline show or something so I sort of pay attention to whether or not the Cleveland Cavaliers are doing well or not.  Heard on the radio this morning that they won last night, putting them down one game in their semi-finals series with the Orlando Magic.  And then CNN gives me this story, which says that for 11 minutes and 32 seconds, *every* Cavaliers point was either scored by him or through an assist by him.  What.  In.  The.  Hell.  32 points.  And I love this paragraph... where it says he looks tired.  Ya think?  "When my guys make shots, it makes it a lot easier because it allows me to go one-on-one with a defender,'' said James, looking tired after his triple-double of 37 points (on 24 shots), 14 rebounds and 12 assists in 46 minutes. "That's what I need from my guys. I don't add no more pressure on my teammates, but they know we're a very strong team when they knock down shots.''
  • I totally need to use laodicean in a sentence today.  I love the Scripps National Spelling Bee, but I was too entranced by So You Think You Can Dance last night to watch it.  Still, in tribute, I *will* find a way to work that word into a sentence today.  It means lukewarm or indifferent, particularly in matters of politics and religion.  I know some people like that, so shouldn't be too hard to sneak it in. :)  Congrats to Kavya Shivashankar, the 13-year-old winner!  

No comments: