1.17.2010

LDB: Week 24



Yesterday I put a countdown of the weeks left until we get to meet LDB on our fridge... over half way there, and HOLY CRAP that Week 40 mark is coming fast! :)

The past month or so has gone really smoothly. I certainly am tired more easily and more often, and I'm starting to get uncomfortable, but really, I'm feeling good. My last doctor's visit was nice and simple... baby growing well, mommy feeling good, see you in four weeks! I have to say, since I'm in this calm stage of pregnancy, it makes me miss the midwife I started out with... my new high risk OB is great, don't get me wrong, but it's just a different type of care. I talked to my doc last week about getting back in with the midwife group at MCV so that, if I continue to do well with this pregnancy, I can have the natural birth I was hoping for. Hopefully that will work out!

Now our focus needs to be on getting ready for LDB's arrival in... wow, 3.5 months! We have to get a lot of stuff cleaned out of the house and clear out a room for him, we need to pick furniture for the nursery... we're working on it, but it's a slow process with both of us working full time. I thought that I would get a lot accomplished with two weeks off at Christmas, but between getting ready for the holidays and then taking some time to be lazy (pregnant ladies are supposed to do that, right?), not a lot happened. :)

My good friend Traci took me to Babies R Us earlier this week to register. She offered to do this a couple of years ago before I was even pregnant, and I had been counting on her advice ever since. And let me tell you, having her there was priceless! She and I worked together at the Arthritis Foundation and I've considered her a surrogate big sister for the past, gosh, almost 10 years. I trust her advice and we have similar personalities, so basically whatever she said worked for her, I scanned it. :) (With a little personalization, anyway...) My mother-in-law is having a baby shower for me Super Bowl weekend so that I won't have to make the 6-hour drive to Pennsylvania when I'm REALLY uncomfortable and huge, so we need to get to Target and do some registering as well. It's a bit overwhelming how much STUFF you need for a baby!

Bryan got to feel our little man kick for the first time Christmas night, how sweet is that? He (the baby) is quite the little athlete... he is very active and with some of the kicks I get, I'm nervous about what the next 16 weeks hold. I've heard stories of cracked ribs and such, hopefully LDB will spare me that. :)

1 comment:

Nikole said...

You are looking so gorgeous! The time will fly by - hold on! SO excited for you and Bryan! xoxo