1.11.2009

So long 2008, welcome 2009?

I had great intentions of posting again before the end of my two weeks off, but I woke up New Year's Day with the beginnings of a cold, which turned into a full-blown snot fest by Saturday, which turned into a lovely abdominal swelling episode by Monday (my first BUSY day back at work), which turned into three days of misery, which turned into an arthritis flare. And while I am sure that sounds like a giant whinefest, what I mean to say with all of that is that 2009 did not get off to the best start. And on top of all that, work was insane. Only yesterday did I start feeling normal, and of course after a week of laying on the couch, that meant a day's worth of cleaning.

So I almost feel like I'm designating today as the start of my 2009. I didn't make any resolutions, really, besides my typical goal to get healthier. That means eating a little better (and a little less... I was a bit of a glutton over the holidays), and exercising at least SOME. This morning I even went on a 30 minute walk! I hope to keep that up... but I've always sucked at exercising regularly, so we'll see.

I'm looking forward to this year. I expect good things from it. It sort of owes me after that first week. :)

No comments: