10.24.2007

Really? Mac 'n' Cheese is that easy?

Last night, I decided to cook dinner even though I hadn't taken any meat out of the freezer to thaw. Since we've been gone so much on the weekends lately, I haven't had a lot of time to plan meals. I had picked out a few recipes, though, and figured some pork tenderloin chops would be easy to defrost in the trusty microwave and quick to cook. So main course, decided.

And for the sides? I had found a recipe for creamy stovetop macaroni and cheese that I thought I'd try. I really dig the mac 'n' cheese. Like, a lot. Occasionally I'll even cook up a box of Kraft mac 'n' cheese and eat just that for a meal. But I had never ventured into the world of homemade mac 'n' cheese.

I had NO IDEA it was so freaking EASY! And, people, it was SO GOOD. Bryan wasn't home from work yet when it was done, and I had to call him and tell him I was being forced to eat without him, because after a bite of this mac 'n' cheese I couldn't not eat it. And seriously, it did not take that much more work than your average blue box of the stuff.

It's so fun figuring out this grown up stuff. ;-) Oh, and the best part? It was from Cooking Light magazine, which means it's at least kinda healthy! Sweet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.