6.06.2009

Congrats, Grad!



Last night, my baby sister graduated from high school! I can't believe she's old enough to do that, but there she was, cap and gown and all. :)

I picked my mom up at her house and we rode up together. Unfortunately Bath County has an infamous speed trap to which I fell victim... it was kind of amusing, because the rest of the night when I told people from BC that I had gotten a speeding ticket, they said, "Oh, at XXX place?" Yes. Everyone in that damn county knows where the speed trap is--including me--but I had been so wrapped up in conversation with my mom that, God forbid, I neglected to slam on the brakes as I came down a mountain and missed the fact that it turned from 55 to 45 for--and I quote my lovely State Trooper--"just about a mile there." ARG!

ANYWAY! My speeding ticket was not the most important thing of the night. It was Victoria's special night, and I was so proud to see her up there getting her diploma. She is an amazing young woman, and I am so excited to see what she will do with her life. In August she'll begin college at Christopher Newport University. It will be an extreme change to live in Newport News after living her whole life in the country, but I think she's gonna do alright. :)

I love you, Vic!

No comments: