6.05.2009

South Africa, here we come!


I can not believe that tomorrow we leave for our trip to South Africa. ACK! I am so excited.

We'll be there for 14 days, and then there's the ~2 days it's going to take us to get there and back. We leave tomorrow afternoon from Richmond, fly to Atlanta, and then hop on some giant-ass jet that will take us from Atlanta to Johannesburg, South Africa. I think it's like a 15 hour flight. No idea what that's going to be like, but luckily it's overnight, and I intend to pack some Tylenol PM for us.

While we're there, we'll be bopping around the country, not staying in any one place for more than 2-3 nights. The tour we're doing is called "A World in One Country," so while it'll be totally whirlwind (I suspect), we are going to see SO MANY different things. I have always been fascinated by Africa, and it seems that South Africa is going to give us a taste of all of the things I've always wanted to see.

Map photo courtesy of Thompsons Tours, the company who'll be our guides!

Here is a link to our itinerary. We've borrowed my Uncle Bruce's fancy pants camera, and we have the video camera my dad & Neener gave us for Christmas, and we have our trusty little digital camera, so I can assure you we will have tons of pictures to share when we get back.

I. Can. Not. Wait!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am so excited for you, and a little jealous! This is going to be an amazing trip. Can't wait to see the pictures and read the commentary- which will be hilarious, I am sure.