4.16.2008

Don't MESS with Chipotle.


People, I love Chipotle so much that I was just reading this article on the Washington Post about how awesome they are (really it's about how they're using some local pork in VA) and I almost had a heart attack. I was clicking through the pictures and the caption on the second one says:

Above, Lilia Sotelo and David Rivas assemble wraps at the restaurant, where a sign announces the alliance.

THEY ARE NOT WRAPS, DAMMIT! THEY'RE BURRITOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God that enrages me. I truly feel like I need to write a letter to the author of this article or to the editor of the Washington Post and point out their error. But I know if I write it right now I'll be really rude and, well, we just can't have that. Because then I'd be the laughing stock of the entire staff of the Washington Post. "Hahahaha! Did you see that letter from that FREAK girl who got pissed because we called it a wrap instead of a burrito? Boy, she really has some issues!!!" Yeah, no thanks. I'm not that girl. At least, I don't want to be that girl to people who don't already know that I have issues and love me in spite of them. :) (Thanks, readers! :) )

"Wraps." What the hell. That's like going to a gourmet Italian restaurant and having handmade pasta and made from scratch Bolognese sauce and coming home and telling someone you had Spaghetti-O's!

1 comment:

Mymsie said...

Agreed! wrap = nouveau riche burrito :)