1.09.2008

Lost without Lotus.


Since I arrived to work at 7am today, I have been without access to my LotusNotes work email. And I am totally lost. Thank God today was an interview day for the residency I manage, because I at least had things to do for that all day to keep me relatively busy. But the times I've found myself sitting in front of my computer, I feel like... well, you know those old cartoons where the cat would sit outside the mouse hole and swat at it every once in a while and just stare at it, hoping that the mouse would come out? Yeah, that's me with LotusNotes today.

It hasn't escaped me that not a dozen years ago I hardly knew what email was. I didn't have my own computer until my second or third year in college, and that was fine. Back then only about half of the people I went to school with had their own. The rest of us used the computer labs to check our email, and made do just fine. Nowadays, classes are held online and even if you actually attend a lecture with a professor in person, you still better have almost constant computer access to check your assignments and whatnot. Man, things change fast!

All I know is, I don't know how to function without email access at work. Luckily the day isn't much longer, and they BETTER have my email back up when I get here tomorrow!

No comments: