Le Wrap-Up

I can't believe the holidays are over... I was really getting used to not having a single responsibility that couldn't be put off for another day! Since we last talked...

-We headed up to Pennsylvania for a visit with the in-laws on Christmas Eve. We exchange names there, and originally had planned to open gifts on Christmas evening. Due to scheduling conflicts, we opened on Christmas Eve instead. Which was fine, except my father-in-law got my name and gave me an accessory for the KitchenAid stand mixer Bryan was giving me for Christmas, and his sister got Bryan and gave him the Planet Earth HD DVDs to go with the HD DVD player I was giving him for Christmas. So we both sort of knew what Santa would be delivering later that night. ;-)

-I think I slept the latest I've ever slept on Christmas morning, it was after 9 before I got up. I still came downstairs so excited that my father-in-law said, "Wow, you're like a kid on Christmas morning!" Damn straight!

-We went to Atlantic City for the day on Wednesday after Christmas. We both played $10/$20 Limit Texas Hold 'Em. We were in the High Roller Room. I thought I was going to barf the first time I had to throw in a few $10 and $20 bets on one hand, but then I won and it was all good once I was stacking up those red $5 chips. Unfortunately by the end of the night we did not win any money. But that's alright, it all evens out over a few visits...

-We came home Friday night and immediately turned into giant slugs. Which is fun.

-Got a call Sunday from my credit card company. To make a long story short, someone got ahold of my credit card number and tried to charge about $7000 worth of stuff on overstock.com. Thank God the credit card companies are super vigilant about detecting fraud. Turns out the purchase was made from a computer in Nigeria, items were to be shipped to Nebraska, and the billing address they entered was in Texas. I was told I should file a police report. Chesterfield Co. police told me it was pointless to file one with them, as they have no jurisdiction anywhere outside of the county. They said call the FBI. I did, even though I knew they wouldn't care. They told me to call Secret Service. I haven't called yet, I feel a little ridiculous calling the freaking Secret Service. But it pisses me off, because no wonder these bastards get away with this--no one does anything about it! Bryan said I should call Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC. I think he may be onto something.

-New Year's Eve was spent for the third year in a row with our pals Sarah and Todd. We went to a party at Mulligan's in the Fan and had a blast. That is, after Sarah and I took control of the music. One of the organizers of the party didn't quite have the same "vision" of a party as we did, and so we started shoving dollars into the jukebox and made a nice little dance party. We had a great time, and even got a hotel room downtown to avoid driving after all the beverages.

-Why must UVA lose every freaking bowl game?

-My husband figured out how to watch 3 different football games at once on our new TV. He took pictures, he was so proud.

-I felt like a zombie when I tried to wake up at 6:30am this morning. Let's hope tomorrow is better.

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

So glad they caught the fraud-- that is straight up scary. I have online banking OCD, I'm checking on my accounts all the time!